Wednesday 10 June 2015

Progress Grind

After the perfection of the 180 pivot in my last post, my desire to perfect the rest of these tricks before the end of the project has increased. Since last time, I have practiced more nose manuals, and succeeded in doing one for a long second. This isn't quite up to snuff, with my goals yet, but it's close.


The nose manual is a trick you can practice over and over, without needing to stop the board, so it's not as frustrating. The ghostride kickflip on there other hand, in unforgiving. I first practiced on the grass to get the footing and flip right.


Next, I practiced while moving and on the pavement. This proved to be significantly more difficult. Usually I would get the flip right, but then the forward momentum of my jump would pull me off the board, or if my feet were too much to one side, I would have to bail.



That last video shows how much each try differed. I would go from almost landing it, and then completely missing the board. Although, as I kept trying, the latter would happen less and less.


This video I think is the closest I came to landing and continuing on, but unfortunately my back foot was too far on the board, so it slipped out from under me.



No comments:

Post a Comment